>
Scarlet







I was craving for eggplant the other day so I thought of making my own version of Filipino Tortang Talong or Filipino Eggplant Omelet. I went to Randazzo's market located at Gratiot then bought this 3 pieces of smooth, long and purple eggplants. When I got home, I hurriedly walked straight to my computer pulled out the Filipino recipe. Just wanna make sure I'm doing it right and guess what? It really made my day. I have corn and rice for my side dish. Oh man, delicious! Good for my belly. Anyway, if you want to try this, here you go, help yourself, its very easy. It will only take 30 minutes. Goodluck!


Ingredients:

3 eggplants or talong
3 -4 eggs; well beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
Cooking oil


Cooking Instructions:

Grill the eggplant until wilted. When cooled, peel off skin (retain steam for handle). Flatten eggplant using the back of the pork. Set aside. Beat eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Submerge eggplants one at a time in eggs. In a pan, fry the omelet until golden brown on one side, then flip using a spatula and fry the other side. Put on a platter and serve.

Cooking Tip:

You can add shredded cheese or ground beef or pork (sautéd with garlic and onion) or combination on top of the omelet before flipping. Also, make sure to pour additional beaten eggs over the cheese or ground beef to cover before flipping and frying the other side of the omelet.











1 Response
  1. Unknown Says:

    yes.. i'm interested in making a review... is there any incentive? if not, it's ok... please reply back.. :D